Bird Roast - Pet Problems in Weymouth MA

Peppers is like no other bird I've ever met.  Some birds take time to warm up to you.  Peppers took a day due to jet lag but after that she started running the place.   The longer she stayed the comfortable she got chewing the door frame, flying on our heads and dropping food in our hair, This was intended to be a pleasant article but honestly this bird stepping on my phone and chewing it at the moment gets on my nerves on a regular basis.  I think she sees mom and I as floating islands to land on during snack time for entertainment.  If we don't give her attention, she'll bite our ears.   And it's not as if she doesn't have space in and around her cage.   Her cage is about 4ft tall and 4square ft.  She's next to two parakeets in a cage of equal size.   We don't let them out because Peppers either doesn't like other birds or gets jealous and as a result she can be violent.  But the parakeets are content with the space they have.   One of them isn't very people friendly and the other just arrived a week ago so that has yet to be seen.   

 This leaves Peppers with the top of their cage.  She also is able to go on top of doors as long as she doesn't chew on them.   She's also on the kitchen table, the countertops , the stove and in the bed.   Just yesterday morning she escaped from her cage in the morning and shimmied her way under the door and into my room.  I can't recall whether I was up on time.   I think her normal wake up is 630am.  

Side note: I think she's horny and needs a male bird or she has some kind of horrible itch that keeps coming back.   I'm not going to day why.  All I can say is some days she's more aggressive.   Another side note she also has a lot of pin feathers.  We've considered purchasing another bird like her but we're worried about her aggressiveness.    

Looking forward to getting a dog  but I think the dog might get it's eyes clawed if Princess Peppers doesn't get enough attention.   


Comments